Whether it is a natural disaster or a man-made disaster, rescue stretchers serve as one of the indispensable rescue tools in it. They have a wide variety and different names. According to their structure, function, and material characteristics, they can be divided into three categories: simple stretchers, general stretchers, and special purpose stretchers.
A ambulance stretcher is a stretcher that is temporarily made locally when there is a shortage of stretchers or insufficient stretchers. Generally, temporary stretchers made of two strong long poles with sturdy fabrics such as blankets and clothing are used to cope with the transfer of the wounded in emergency situations. Universal stretchers mainly refer to standard stretchers that adopt uniform specifications. Generally, they are guaranteed to be interchangeable between military branches and different service departments. They do not place much emphasis on appearance, and are mainly practical. Special stretchers are mainly designed and used for conditions such as special climate, topography, injury characteristics of the wounded and sick, etc., that are not suitable for the use of universal stretchers for transfer.
The shovel stretcher minimizes secondary damage to the patient's spine during handling. It is mainly suitable for seriously injured people. If used by seriously injured people, the probability of accidents can be reduced.
The injury fixing plate is mainly used for patients with fractures. For example, the spine board can be used for fixing and carrying spinal injuries, the ALLIED plate can be used for spine and head injuries, and the matching splint can also be used for carrying patients with fractures in other parts.
The construction of the gondola stretcher focuses on the breadth, flexibility and specificity of first aid, such as air or sea rescue. The sturdy frame and simple and reliable device allow the operator to take first aid measures safely and quickly. The hook can be connected to the hook on the aircraft to realize field rescue.
How to choose an electric wheelchair? The first thing we need to consider is that electric wheelchairs are for users, and each user's situation is different. From the perspective of the user, based on basic data such as height and weight, daily needs, use environment and special surrounding factors, etc., a comprehensive and detailed assessment should be carried out from the perspective of the user, so that effective selection can be carried out, gradually subtracted until a suitable electric wheelchair is selected.
How to choose an electric wheelchair? In fact, the conditions for selecting electric wheelchairs and ordinary wheelchairs are basically similar. When selecting the seat back height and seat width, the user can sit on the electric wheelchair, the knees are not curved, and the calf can be naturally lowered at a 90° right angle. The appropriate width of the seat is, at the widest position of the hips, add 1-2cm to the left and right.
If the user sits, the knees are slightly high, and the legs will be curled, and it is very uncomfortable to sit for a long time. If the seat surface is narrow, the sitting will be crowded and wide, and long-term sedentary will cause secondary injuries such as spinal deformation.
Then consider the weight of the user. If the weight is low, the use environment is flat, and the brushless motor is cost-effective; if the weight is heavy, the road condition is not very good and needs to drive long distances, it is recommended to choose a worm gear motor (brushed motor).
The easiest way to detect the power of a motor is a climbing test, whether the climbing test motor is easy or slightly strenuous. Try not to choose the motor of the horse-drawn cart. There will be many faults in the later stages. If the user has more mountain roads, it is recommended to use a worm motor.
The battery life of an electric wheelchair is also a concern for many users. To understand the properties of the battery and the AH capacity, if the product description is about 25 kilometers, it is recommended that the budget life be 20 kilometers, because the test environment and the actual use environment will differ. For example, the battery life in the north will be reduced in winter, and try not to drive an electric wheelchair out during colder times, which will cause great and irreversible damage to the battery.
6AH battery life 8-10 km
12AH battery life 15-20 km
20AH battery life 30-35 km
40AH battery life 60-70 km
Battery life is related to battery quality, weight of electric wheelchairs, passenger weight, and road conditions.
How to choose an electric wheelchair? It is also important to note the overall width of the electric wheelchair. Some families have narrow doors and need to measure the width and choose an electric wheelchair that can be freely accessed. Most electric wheelchairs have a width of 55-63cm, and some have made it more than 63cm.
When buying products, you need to carefully understand the instructions, check whether the product label brand is consistent with the manufacturer. If the product label brand is not consistent with the manufacturer, it is an OEM product.
Finally, let's talk about the warranty time. Most of them are one-year warranty for the whole vehicle, and there are also separate warranties. The controller is regular for one year, the motor is for one year, and the battery is 6-12 months.
There are also merchants who have long warranties, and ultimately follow the warranty instructions in the manual. It's worth noting that some brands have warranties based on the factory date, and some are based on the sell-by date.
When buying, try to choose a production date that is closer to the date of purchase, because most electric wheelchairs have batteries that are installed directly on the electric wheelchair and are sealed and stored and cannot be maintained separately. If left for a long time, the battery life will be affected.
Friends who have been using electric wheelchairs for a long time may find that the battery life is slowly short, and an inspection finds that the battery drum is packed. Either you run full and run out of power, or you can't charge it how you charge it. Don't be in a hurry, tell you how to properly maintain your battery today.
In the driving state of the electric wheelchair, the battery itself will heat up, plus the weather is hot, the temperature of the battery is even as high as 70 ℃. In the case of the battery not cooled to the ambient temperature, the electric wheelchair will be charged immediately as soon as it stops, which will exacerbate the battery's lack of water, reduce the service life of the battery, and increase the risk of battery charging.
It is recommended to park the electric vehicle for more than half an hour and charge it after the battery is fully cooled. If the battery or motor is abnormally heated during the driving of the electric wheelchair, please go to the professional electric wheelchair maintenance department for inspection and repair in time.
The battery also heats up during charging, and if charged under direct sunlight, it can also cause the battery to lose water and cause a drum bag to the battery. Try to charge the battery in a cool place or choose to charge an electric wheelchair in the evening.
Charging an electric wheelchair with a mismatched charger may result in damage to the charger or damage to the battery. For example, using a charger with a large output current to charge a small battery can easily cause the battery to charge the drum pack.
It is recommended to go to a professional electric wheelchair after-sales repair shop to replace the matching high-quality brand charger to ensure the charging quality and prolong the service life of the battery.
Many electric wheelchair users often charge all night for convenience. The charging time often exceeds 12 hours, and sometimes forgets to cut off the power to charge for more than 20 hours, which will inevitably cause great damage to the battery. Charging multiple times for a long time can easily cause the battery to charge the drum due to overcharging. Generally, electric wheelchairs can be charged for 8 hours with a matching charger.
Try to keep the electric wheelchair battery fully charged before traveling, and depending on the actual range of the electric wheelchair, you can choose to take public transportation for long-distance travel.
After reading this article, do you have a general understanding of how to choose an electric wheelchair?
According to its structure, function and material characteristics, it can be divided into three categories: simple stretchers, general stretchers, and special purpose stretchers.
Fast, timely, and correct. Improper ambulance stretchers from manufacturer handling can delay the time for the injured and sick to obtain further examination and treatment in a timely manner, and severe cases can worsen the condition and cause irreparable consequences.
During the handling process, the movement should be light, and unnecessary vibration should be minimized, so as not to increase the pain of the injured and sick.
1. Before carrying the wounded, check the vital signs and injury site of the wounded, focusing on whether the injured person has trauma to the head, spine, and chest, especially whether the cervical spine has been damaged.
2. The wounded must be properly handled. First of all, the respiratory tract of the wounded should be kept open, and then the injured part of the injured person should be stopped from bleeding, bandaged, and fixed in accordance with the technical operation specifications. It can only be moved after proper handling.
3. Do not carry personnel, stretchers, etc. when they are not properly prepared.
4. Observe the worsening condition of the wounded at any time during the handling process. Focus on breathing, mind, etc., and keep warm, but don't cover your head and face too tightly so as not to affect breathing. once
In the event of an emergency on the way, the handling should be stopped and emergency treatment should be carried out immediately.
5. At special sites, handling should be carried out according to special methods.
1. Changes in the state of consciousness
2. Changes in respiratory pulse and vital signs
3. The extent of bleeding, etc.
4. Emergency treatment if necessary
1. Supine position: This position can be used for all seriously injured people.
2. Side lying position: After eliminating the neck injury, the side lying position can be used for the wounded with impaired consciousness. To prevent food from being sucked into the trachea when the injured person vomits. When the injured person is lying on his side, a pillow can be placed on his neck to maintain a neutral position.
3. Semi-lying position: For wounded people with only chest injuries, breathing difficulties are often caused by chest pain, blood pneumothorax.
4. Sitting position: Suitable for patients with pleural effusion and heart failure.
1. In general, let the wounded lie on their back or side and carry them on a stretcher.
2. Use a professional strap to fix the traumatist on the stretcher to prevent the injured person's limbs from sticking out of the stretcher.
3. When the stretcher is carried, the injured person's feet are in front and the head is behind, and the head is raised first, then the foot is lifted, and the foot is placed first when it is lowered, and the stretcher should be at a consistent pace. When lifting to a height, the injured person's head is facing forward and his feet are facing back (such as going up a step or crossing a bridge). The stretcher in front should lower the stretcher and raise the back so that the patient can stay level. The opposite is true when you step down the stairs.
4. When getting on the stretcher, the injured person should be on the head first and on the back of the foot.
5. Place the stretcher carrying the wounded on the stretcher truck and pull up and fix the protective rods on both sides.
1. For acute patients, it is better to lie flat, so that the whole body can be stretched and the upper and lower limbs are straightened; according to different conditions, make some appropriate adjustments; for patients with high blood pressure and cerebral hemorrhage, the head can be properly raised to reduce blood flow to the head.
2. If you are unconscious, you can deflect your head to one side so that vomit or sputum dirt can flow out and not be inhaled.
3. Patients with traumatic bleeding in a state of shock can lower their heads appropriately.
4. For heart disease patients with heart failure and difficulty breathing, they can take a sitting position to make breathing smoother.
With the continuous expansion of the market scale, user needs are constantly changing, and the types of electric wheelchairs are mostly novel in design, light-weight, and "one-key folding". The traditional push wheelchair must rely on human push and pull to move forward. If there is no one around, you have to push the roller by yourself. Electric wheelchairs are different, as long as they are fully charged, they can be easily operated without the need for family members to accompany them all the time.
The electric wheelchair is based on the traditional manual wheelchair, superimposed high-performance power drive device, intelligent operating device, battery and other components, transformed and upgraded. A new generation of intelligent wheelchairs equipped with artificially operated intelligent controllers that can drive the wheelchair to complete forward, backward, steering, standing, lying, and other functions. The ageing of Chinese society is fast, and the electric wheelchair market is developing rapidly. Nowadays, electric wheelchairs have become an indispensable means of transportation for the elderly and the disabled. Electric wheelchairs are suitable for a wide range of objects. As long as the user has a clear consciousness and normal cognitive ability, it can be used.
How to choose a wheelchair? First, when choosing an electric wheelchair, you should choose according to your height and weight. Second, choose electromagnetic brakes first. The advantage of electromagnetic brakes is that electric wheelchairs can automatically brake whether they are driving uphill or downhill, or even if the power is suddenly cut off during driving, to prevent injuries caused by landslides and brake failure. Maximum protection of users' safety. Third, it is best to choose a solid tire made of PU material for the wheels. The solid tire will not burst when the nail is pierced, and it will not affect the use after the nail is pulled out. The pattern of the tire is best to choose a rough pattern. The rough pattern has a large friction on the ground and is non-slip in rainy days.
The comfort and operational flexibility of electric wheelchairs are very easy for the elderly and the disabled to like it! For family care, it reduces part of the family's burden. It should be said that it is a very cheap thing! But the speed of the electric wheelchair is very fast, the braking ability is not enough to reach the safety test level, it can only move slowly on the flat ground. The safe use of electric wheelchairs must be at heart, and there must be safety awareness.
Subscribe to our email list and stay upto date with all your latest updates