Spine board is also referred to as spinal board, spine stretcher or plastic stretcher, which is a plastic stretcher which can be used to prevent secondary injury to patients during transportation.
spine boards with head immobilizer is one of the most commonly used spine boards because the patient's head is fixed down by the head immobilizer located at the top of the stretcher to avoid secondary injuries to the injured person during transportation.
Using a spine board with a head immobilizer is a crucial step in stabilizing and transporting patients who have suffered a spinal injury.
Step 1: Assess the patient's condition. Before moving the patient, ensure that they are stable and that their airway is clear. If possible, have someone hold the patient's head and neck in a neutral position while you prepare to immobilize them.
Step 2: Place the spine board beside the patient. Position the board so that it is parallel to the patient's body and level with their shoulders.
Step 3: Secure the patient's head and neck. Use the head immobilizer to secure the patient's head and neck to the spine board. Make sure that the straps are tight enough to hold the head and neck in a neutral position, but not so tight that they cause discomfort.
Step 4: Secure the patient's body to the spine board. Use straps or other fastening devices to secure the patient's body to the spine board. Make sure that the straps are tight enough to hold the body securely in place, but not so tight that they cause discomfort.
Step 5: Transport the patient. Carefully move the patient and the spine board to the destination, such as an ambulance or hospital. Try to minimize movement during transport to prevent further injury.
It's important to note that using a spine board with a head immobilizer should only be done by trained professionals and in emergency situations. And also follow the local protocols and guidelines.
The most common type of spine board is a plastic stretcher with a head immobilizer. There are two major problems with using this type of spine board for transport: the stretcher can slip out of the patient’s neck, and the head immobilizer can easily slip out of place.
To overcome these problems, steel alloy steel wire is used to give rigidity to the stretcher and head immobilizer. On top of that, a retaining mechanism (a pad) is fixed in place on the base plate to keep them in place. The head immobilizer uses an acrylic material which has been coated with silicone rubber so it will not slip out when moving. As a result, patients who use this type of spine board with head immobilizer may have no problem during transportation.
The benefits of using this type more than outweighing any risks because the patient does not have to hold the stretcher or identify its position again and again during transport.
Fixed lift board with head immobilizer is used to lift the injured person in a fixed position, while floating rescue board is used to prevent secondary injury at the scene of accident. In both cases, there are two types of spine board:
spine board stretcher (SPB)
portable spine board stretcher
The first type can be properly called SPB because it can be easily fitted on an ambulance or other vehicle for transporting patients who have suffered spinal injuries by transporting them by stretcher. The second type is portable spine board stretcher because it can be mounted on any vehicle and can then be used as an alternate method for transporting patients who have suffered spinal injuries by using it as a stretcher or using it as an alternative method for supporting the body weight of patients who have sustained spinal injuries.
But it should be noted that spine board is not suitable for transportation when there are many people or when the injured person has extensive injury on his/her back and other parts of his/her body; therefore, this type of transportation should not be done without considering these factors beforehand. The first step in this regard should be to determine whether this type of transportation will cause only secondary injury or whether there will also be additional significant injury caused by applying more forces than usual during transport; furthermore, one should also consider whether this type of transportation would cause more harm than good (for example, if one wants to carry out some preventive measures). Based on these considerations, one should decide whether one’s purpose would be better served by carrying out such transportation in order to avoid secondary injury or if it would better serve one’s purpose if he/she intentionally uses this transport after assessing these factors (for example, if one wants to carry out some preventive measures).
As we know that transport may cause secondary injury that might even result into life-threatening injuries if they do not use SPB properly or if they do use SPB improperly, it may lead to further damage to the injured area, resulting in missing the best time to save the injured person.
The spine board with head Immobilizer from China factory a non-rigid frame, which is basically a frame that allows lifting on both sides. However, the spine board stretcher has several special features compared to other boards or frames that are available, specifically:
It can be used to move patients who have been paralyzed (either temporarily or permanently).
It is able to be used as an emergency stretcher because it has two flat sides instead of one curved side.
It can also easily be moved into an ambulance truck as well as any other vehicle designed for moving patients with spinal injuries (like wheelchairs).
Although these features sound very special, they aren’t actually all that extraordinary; especially when you consider how simple it is to use them — just like how you would use any other stretcher or frame. The thing you need to know about this board is that it does not have wheels, so it needs to be moved by someone else. This makes this board different from some others because it doesn’t need wheels — you just need someone else(s) to push it in place! So what happens when I want to transport a patient? I will take him/her out of his/her bed onto his/her stretcher, put his/her head on the table (the patient’s knees should go under his/her body), put their feet on either side of his/her back and then take hold of each end of his/her head and pull him/her up by one end of the stretcher. This should lift them up above their head. That way I don’t damage their neck at all, unless they are really heavy people who weigh around 200 pounds or so (depending upon how long they have been paralyzed). We usually carry out this process using two people – one person holds down one end of the stretcher while another person pushes up against him/her with his/her hands.
According to its structure, function and material characteristics, it can be divided into three categories: simple stretchers, general stretchers, and special purpose stretchers.
Fast, timely, and correct. Improper ambulance stretchers from manufacturer handling can delay the time for the injured and sick to obtain further examination and treatment in a timely manner, and severe cases can worsen the condition and cause irreparable consequences.
During the handling process, the movement should be light, and unnecessary vibration should be minimized, so as not to increase the pain of the injured and sick.
1. Before carrying the wounded, check the vital signs and injury site of the wounded, focusing on whether the injured person has trauma to the head, spine, and chest, especially whether the cervical spine has been damaged.
2. The wounded must be properly handled. First of all, the respiratory tract of the wounded should be kept open, and then the injured part of the injured person should be stopped from bleeding, bandaged, and fixed in accordance with the technical operation specifications. It can only be moved after proper handling.
3. Do not carry personnel, stretchers, etc. when they are not properly prepared.
4. Observe the worsening condition of the wounded at any time during the handling process. Focus on breathing, mind, etc., and keep warm, but don't cover your head and face too tightly so as not to affect breathing. once
In the event of an emergency on the way, the handling should be stopped and emergency treatment should be carried out immediately.
5. At special sites, handling should be carried out according to special methods.
1. Changes in the state of consciousness
2. Changes in respiratory pulse and vital signs
3. The extent of bleeding, etc.
4. Emergency treatment if necessary
1. Supine position: This position can be used for all seriously injured people.
2. Side lying position: After eliminating the neck injury, the side lying position can be used for the wounded with impaired consciousness. To prevent food from being sucked into the trachea when the injured person vomits. When the injured person is lying on his side, a pillow can be placed on his neck to maintain a neutral position.
3. Semi-lying position: For wounded people with only chest injuries, breathing difficulties are often caused by chest pain, blood pneumothorax.
4. Sitting position: Suitable for patients with pleural effusion and heart failure.
1. In general, let the wounded lie on their back or side and carry them on a stretcher.
2. Use a professional strap to fix the traumatist on the stretcher to prevent the injured person's limbs from sticking out of the stretcher.
3. When the stretcher is carried, the injured person's feet are in front and the head is behind, and the head is raised first, then the foot is lifted, and the foot is placed first when it is lowered, and the stretcher should be at a consistent pace. When lifting to a height, the injured person's head is facing forward and his feet are facing back (such as going up a step or crossing a bridge). The stretcher in front should lower the stretcher and raise the back so that the patient can stay level. The opposite is true when you step down the stairs.
4. When getting on the stretcher, the injured person should be on the head first and on the back of the foot.
5. Place the stretcher carrying the wounded on the stretcher truck and pull up and fix the protective rods on both sides.
1. For acute patients, it is better to lie flat, so that the whole body can be stretched and the upper and lower limbs are straightened; according to different conditions, make some appropriate adjustments; for patients with high blood pressure and cerebral hemorrhage, the head can be properly raised to reduce blood flow to the head.
2. If you are unconscious, you can deflect your head to one side so that vomit or sputum dirt can flow out and not be inhaled.
3. Patients with traumatic bleeding in a state of shock can lower their heads appropriately.
4. For heart disease patients with heart failure and difficulty breathing, they can take a sitting position to make breathing smoother.
The gynecological examination bed is also called the gynecological operating table. It is a medical equipment that provides various gynecological examinations, operations and family planning examinations for major hospitals, clinics, family planning stations, and mobile gynecological examination vehicles. The product can arbitrarily adjust various body positions of patients when they visit a doctor according to the actual situation. The curved design of the product focuses on humanization and comfort, and the seamless design of the bed surface is more conducive to cleaning and protection.
The power system of this series of products is driven by three power systems of full hydraulic, electric motor and manual operation. The main components are foreign brand products, with long shelf life, stable functions, low noise and easy operation.
Compared with the prior art, the beneficial effects of the present utility model are as follows: an arc-shaped groove is provided, and the medical staff or their family members hold the patient on the bed board, and the medical staff or their family members can easily draw out their arms from the arc-shaped grooves, and draw out the arms. Then start the electric telescopic arm so that the telescopic plate can seal the arc groove. The adjustment screw and the wire sleeve are used together, so that when examining the patient, the medical staff can complete the radiological examination of different parts of the patient only by shaking the handwheel. The structure is simple and easy to use, which can not only improve the examination efficiency of the medical staff , but also to avoid unnecessary trouble for the patient. It is equipped with a radiation detection device. During the inspection, place the radiation sensor near the detected part of the patient, and understand the radiation intensity through the display screen. If the radiation intensity is too high, the warning light will flash and alarm. The universal rod enables the lead shield to protect the patient's dangerous organs and prevent harm to the patient.
1. Installation: Install the bed frame and mattress correctly, tighten the screws, check whether the segmented adjustment range of the bed table meets the requirements, and adjust the leg support to the appropriate height to lock;
Adjustment of the back panel: lift the back panel up and hear a click to fold up a gear, which can be adjusted to a suitable gear angle according to the inspection needs; when the back panel is to be flattened, push the back panel up to Put it down again at the end. Then put the mattresses on separately, check whether the whole bed is stable, and the installation is complete.
2. Use: The patient should go to bed from the side of the seat board, let the weight of the body first touch the seat board position, and then put the legs, backrest, etc. for inspection and treatment.
3. The dirt left on the bed body and mattress during inspection and treatment should be cleaned in time, dried and disinfected, and placed in a cool and dry place.
1. Do not adjust the angle of each segmented plate when a patient is lying on the examination bed.
2. After each use, it is necessary to remove all sewage and dirt on the bed to keep the bed and accessories clean and prolong the service life.
4. It must be maintained and repaired once a year .
The gynecological examination bed is hydraulically raised and lowered by the foot, the back is controlled by the hand wheel, and the operation is flexible and convenient.
Length and width of bed surface: 1240mm×width 600mm
Bed height: 740mm ~ 1000mm
Front and back tilt angle of the bed: forward tilt ≥ 10°, backward tilt ≥ 25°
Backboard turning angle: upper fold ≥ 75°, lower fold ≥ 10°
Power supply: AC220V 50Hz
Exhibition Name：Arab Health 2023
Time: 30th January -2nd February
Arab Health, the second largest medical exhibitio in the world and the first in the Middle East, has been enjoying a strong reputation among hospitals and medical equipment dealers in the Arab countries of the Middle East.
In 2023, Arab Health is scheduled to take place from January 30th to February 2nd at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre in the United Arab Emirates.
As a distinguished representative of Chinese medical equipment manufacturers, Dragon Medical will exhibit the hottest medical equipment and healthcare devices.
At booth RD75, you could find the medical devices you are interested in and chat with experts from Dragon Medical.
The rapid population growth and high per capita spending on health care in the Middle East is driving the continued development of the local medical market. And the government is strongly supporting the construction of basic medical care and has made large investments.
This is a rare opportunity to network within the healthcare sector and generate new business. Will you visit?
Dragon Medical would be glad to meet you there and share the latest technology with you.
Subscribe to our email list and stay upto date with all your latest updates